Addiction Support and Care Agency
ASCA IS NOW CLOSED AND WILL RE-OPEN IN THE NEW YEAR ON TUESDAY 4TH JANUARY 2022.
If you would lke to refer yourself please telephone the office when we re-open in January. In the meantime if you wish to talk to someone the following free helplines are open
FRANK 24 hour helpine 7 days a week - 0300 123 6600
DRINKLINE Monday-Friday 9am-8pm &11-4 weekends - 0300 123 1110
SAMARITANS 24 hour helpline 7 days a week - 116 123
ASCA regularly revises its website to reflect changes in its clinical services (in particular, please note that the ASCA Kingston office is closed). Prior to contacting us please do take the time to read the following revised changes.
ASCA specialise in providing support for people experiencing mild to moderate difficulties regarding their alcohol or drug use as well as their carers, family members and friends. Our primary aim is early intervention to support the necessary change required now, in order to prevent the potential need of more robust, complex and intense services down the line. We are not a crisis or emergency service, neither are we equipped to support those heavily dependent on alcohol or drug use or intense or complex needs requiring a more multi-disciplinary form of specialist clinical support and interventions.
Counselling is available for people experiencing mild-to-moderate psychological issues (including addiction) as well as for anyone adversely affected by the addictions of others eg carers, family members, colleagues and friends. Potential clients must be adults (18 years plus), registered with a GP, and if suitable for counselling with us, able to attend ASCA on the same day, same time each week and commit initially upto 6 sessions of counselling. You have to be relatively stable psychologically in order to obtain the best from counselling.
We are currently operating a reduced hours service and are open: Monday, Tuesday and Saturday mornings.
We have a limited number of assessments available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings, with a very limited number of counselling slots available on Monday,Tuesday and Saturday mornings.
For all referrals, enquiries and issues related to appointments, please telephone the ASCA Richmond office (020 8940 1160). Otherwise, email email@example.com (there are currently technical issues with our general organisational email address
Those who who do not meet the above criteria and are currently in need of immediate psychological support, chaotic or using alcohol and drugs heavily, should approach their GPs for guidance and signposting to a more appropriate service. For residents in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, this may include:
Richmond Community Drug and Alcohol Service (RCDAS) Tel: 020 3228 3020)
Unit 2, Ilex House
94 Holly Road
For residents in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, this may include:
Kingston Wellbeing Substance Misuse Service Phone Tel: 020 3317 7900
Surbiton Health Centre,
For other agencies that may be of assistance in your locality, please contact: FRANK (tel: 0300 123 6600, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and refer at our Useful Numbers page for other agencies and their contact details
* Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your counselling session.
* Please observe 2-metre physical distancing throughout ASCA.
* On entering the building, please use the hand sanitising gel provided.
* On arrival, you will be met by your therapist at the door, who will explain our new one-way system, escort you directly to your counselling room and operate all the door handles.
* All counselling room windows will be open during and between counselling sessions. Please bring sufficient clothing to remain comfortably warm.
* Face coverings are currently optional. If, however, you would like your therapist to wear a face visor during your session, please let us know.
* Payment remains cash (or cheque made payable to ‘ASCA’). Please bring the exact amount of cash, as change may not always be available.
* The ASCA kitchen facilities are currently closed, so please bring water with you, if you wish.
* The ASCA bathroom is currently closed. In the event of urgent need, please use hand gel before entering the bathroom. Afterwards, wash your hands thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds, and take an antiseptic wipe with you to cleanse all door handles and surfaces that you touch before disposing of the wipe in the bin provided.
* If you feel unwell with covid-19 symptoms before your appointment, please call the ASCA office to cancel your appointment
* If you become unwell with covid-19 symptoms after your session, please call ASCA to let us know so that we can contact your therapist.
Reg Charity No. 1036555 Reg Company No. 2902445